To the Companions and Sir Knights of New Hampshire:
Companions and Sir Knights,
It is with some sadness but with a desire to proceed in all our doings that we are announcing the following:
- The notice of March 20 by the Grand York Rite Bodies is now void; we are cancelling the July 24 banquet and July 25 in-person annual meetings of the Grand York Rite Bodies of New Hampshire.
- Rather, on Saturday, May 30, beginning at 9:00 a.m., the three grand bodies will proceed with their annual meetings in a virtual session, as we did with the business meetings on April 4 (they were conducted successfully).
- The agenda of said meetings will be roll calls of grand officers, roll calls of constituent officers, reports (Credentials, Membership, Treasurer, Secretary, GHP/GM/GC, Jurisprudence), any other business, and voting on constitutional amendments (instructions for voting will be handled on the day).
- The meetings will begin with Grand Chapter at 9 a.m.; we will take ten-minute breaks in between the meetings and open the next one.
- Instructions for the virtual meeting will be sent as we get closer to the meeting.
- The current Grand High Priest/Grand Master, Grand High Priest / Grand Master Elect, and Grand Commander are tentatively suggesting a late summer social gathering where the awards for the 2019-2020 year can be presented; details will emerge as the world returns to normal.
As you know, we are living in extraordinary times, and extraordinary measures are sometimes called for, thus we believe that these measures are necessary.
Please remember that constituent dais officers and grand officers are required to attend (a proxy may be counted for the purposes of constituent bodies), and past heads of bodies are entitled to voting at the meetings.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate these difficult waters.
Fraternally and Courteously,
Paul C. Smith
ME Grand High Priest, Grand Royal Arch Chapter of New Hampshire
MI Grand Master, Grand Council Cryptic Masons of New Hampshire
SK David S. Collins
RE Grand Commander, Grand Commandery Knights Templar of New Hampshire
Dennis A. Sheridan
RE Grand Secretary-RI Grand Recorder-E Grand Recorder
Trinity Chapter: September 18 (Smith)
Meridian Sun Chapter: September 10 (Smith)